Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 July 2011

What a couple of days.....




It's has been difficult to say the least trying to work, especially with my sisters birthday, changes in plans, going to the gym and distractions all around.





So instead of working on my next piece I returned to the advice from Nina Milton, my previous tutor, when she told me that I should not stress about not being able to work but to read. Just that - to pick up anything and read and read and not think about not writing.





So I did. I picked up "Moab is my Washpot" by Stephen Fry and plunged in. WOW! I have always found him engaging, funny and worthy of admiration but this book ignited so many memories about my own childhood that I began jotting things down on post-its to re-kindle full explanations later. Any autobiography that instantly does that is top notch in my mind.





More changes in my plans for this evening tilted me more off course. I feel guilty at not sticking to the plan for the week. I have, as most who write do, of being published and being able to write full time, at home, running around in my own little world, working through what comes to mind etc. I may in the future be able to do this for a year and finish my degree at the same time as a full time student....but that is in the future.





If this is a taste of what could happen I shall have to be very hard to achieve 1,000 words a day without being whisked off hither and thither due to interuptions. But I can still dream - after all I managed two and half days before being knocked off course.. that's an achievement? Isn't it?





I may use the post its for the next assignment ...then it's definitely not been a detour - well not completely...

No comments:

Post a Comment